To file a successful application, the SSA requires veterans to have:
- The original or a certified copy of your birth certificate, OR
- Proof of U.S. citizenship if you were foreign born.
- Form DD 214, if you have been discharged from the military.
- W-2 form or income tax return for last year.
- Proof of military pay or worker’s compensation.
- The Social Security numbers of your spouse and any minor children.
- Information for a contact person when you are unavailable.
- Any/all medical records you have or can easily obtain.
After the initial application is in, the SSA offers you a special “Wounded Warriors” SSA disability program, which is designed to speed your application process. To be sure your application is considered quickly, make sure to let the SSA know that your disability occurred while on active military duty.
As Boston Social Security disability lawyers, we can help you with this process. At Keefe Disability Law, we specialize in all aspects of SSA disability, from the initial application to acceptance. Please call us today toll free at 888-904-6847 if you have any further questions.