No, you should not limit your Social Security disability application to just one condition if you suffer from multiple disabilities.
Your situation is common. You may have one, or more than one, primary medical condition. That condition may be significant but may not keep you from working. However, when you add in your other medical diagnoses, you are unable to engage in substantial gainful activity, and you may qualify for Social Security disability benefits.
How to Apply for Social Security Disability With Multiple Medical Conditions
Whether you have one disability or multiple disabilities, your goal is the same. You want your disability application approved as quickly and efficiently as possible. To this end, it is essential to make sure that:
- Your application is complete and easy to understand. If you don’t submit a complete and easy to understand application, the Social Security Administration may deny your benefits application.
- You include all relevant evidence. Medical records that clearly show all of your physical symptoms, pain, emotional symptoms, diagnoses, and treatments will be critical to your application’s approval.
- All of your symptoms, including your pain, are documented. You may do this through your medical records and by keeping detailed logs of how you feel and how your symptoms impact your life.
- You list all of your physical and mental conditions. Do not leave anything out because you think it is less important than something else. All of your medical conditions should be considered, including things like depression and anxiety.
- You provide enough information about your education and work history. The Social Security Administration is trying to determine what, if any, work you can do. Accordingly, you need to provide accurate information about your education and work history.
- You are honest. While you want to include all of your conditions, you don’t want to exaggerate your symptoms or be untruthful about any part of your application.
Don’t Apply for Disability Benefits Alone—Let an Experienced Social Security Disability Lawyer Help
Your medical conditions make everyday things hard, and you experience enough daily stress. It can be intimidating to go through the bureaucracy of applying for Social Security disability alone, even if you know that you qualify for benefits.
Our Massachusetts Social Security disability lawyers are here to complete your application on your behalf, to communicate with the Social Security Administration, and to represent you through any necessary appeals.
Our legal team understands the frustration of government bureaucracy and how critical Social Security disability benefits are for you and your family. Accordingly, we strive to:
- Answer our client’s calls and questions when they call us. You won’t have to wait a long time to get your answer.
- Provide you with realistic expectations. We want you to know how the Social Security disability application process works and what to expect at each step of the process.
- Help our community. Our Boston-area Social Security disability lawyers only represent clients in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Vermont. We are not a national disability firm. Instead, we’ve chosen to help our neighbors.
- Make things as easy as possible for you. We know that getting to a lawyer’s office can be painful. Accordingly, we are set up to handle most cases by phone, internet, and mail.
We know that money may be tight, but you don’t have to worry about the cost of hiring a Keefe Disability attorney. Our lawyers won’t charge you anything up front. Instead, we will be paid a percentage of any back benefits you receive after you apply for disability benefits.
Are You Looking for a Social Security Disability Attorney in Boston, MA?
If you are looking to apply for social security disability, you need to speak with an experienced social security disability lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Natick Office directly at 888.904.6847 to schedule your free consultation.