If you are given a technical denial for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), the Social Security Administration did not review any medical evidence in your application. Instead, an SSA employee determined your application to be ineligible for benefits for non-medical reasons.
Reasons For Technical Denial
Some of the most common reasons for a technical denial include:
- Your income exceeds the “Substantial Gainful Activity” limit put in place by the SSA.
- You have not earned enough Social Security credits to be eligible to apply for SSDI.
- You did not prove that you were related to the person that the application was filed on behalf of, if you were filing for another person such as an adult child or spouse.
- You did not submit all of the medical records needed.
- There was a general lack of detail or information necessary to determine your eligibility for SSDI in Massachusetts.
The technicalities of an application for Social Security Disability are overwhelming. For this reason, it is important to fill out your application together with a Boston Social Security Disability attorney. Although many technical denials cannot be appealed, you may be able to file an appeal if there was an error in processing your application. To do this, it is a good idea to get the help of an Massachusetts Social Security Disability attorney.
Contact Us If You Have Questions
Call us today to go over your technical denial together. We will go through your claim with you and find out if there is an opportunity for an appeal. Then, we will work with you to ensure you do not receive a technical denial again.