If you are given a technical denial for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), the Social Security Administration did not review any medical evidence in your application. Instead, an SSA employee determined your application to be ineligible for benefits for non-medical reasons.
Reasons For Technical Denial
Some of the most common reasons for a technical denial include:
- Your income exceeds the “Substantial Gainful Activity” limit put in place by the SSA.
- You have not earned enough Social Security credits to be eligible to apply for SSDI.
- You did not prove that you were related to the person that the application was filed on behalf of, if you were filing for another person such as an adult child or spouse.
- You did not submit all of the medical records needed.
- There was a general lack of detail or information necessary to determine your eligibility for SSDI in Massachusetts.
The technicalities of an application for Social Security Disability are overwhelming. For this reason, it is important to fill out your application together with a Boston Social Security Disability attorney. Although many technical denials cannot be appealed, you may be able to file an appeal if there was an error in processing your application. To do this, it is a good idea to get the help of an Massachusetts Social Security Disability attorney.
Are You Looking for a Social Security Disability Attorney in Boston, MA?
If you are looking to apply for social security disability, you need to speak with an experienced social security disability lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Natick Office directly at 888.904.6847 to schedule your free consultation.