If you suffered a soft tissue burn injury, you may be facing significant disabilities. These injuries are often very painful and may require extensive and ongoing medical treatment. As a result, victims sometimes find themselves unable to work or support themselves and their families. Fortunately, some victims of soft tissue burn injuries may qualify for Social Security disability benefits. These benefits can help to alleviate some of the financial burden associated with the injury. It is therefore important for victims to maximize their chance for obtaining the benefits they deserve by seeking assistance from a knowledgeable legal professional.
5 Facts About Filing for Disability Benefits Due to a Soft Tissue Burn Injury
Unless you have prior experience, applying for disability benefits can feel like an intimidating process. The following are five helpful facts about benefits and soft tissue burn injuries:
- Soft tissue burn injuries are covered under the listing of impairments contained in the Social Security Administration’s Blue Book.
- To qualify for benefits, you must suffer from a loss of mobility, major limb function, or fine muscle movements.
- The loss of function must be expected to last at least 12 months.
- Loss of function may occur from the damage to the soft tissue or from the pain that results.
- Pain must be the result of the burn. Medical evaluations by your doctor will be used to establish whether the pain caused by your soft tissue burn injury severely limits your ability to function and perform daily activities.
The good news for victims is that an attorney can assist with the disability benefits application process. We encourage you to contact us today for a free consultation at 888-904-6847.
Are You Looking for a Social Security Disability Attorney in Boston, MA?
If you are looking to apply for social security disability, you need to speak with an experienced social security disability lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Natick Office directly at 888.904.6847 to schedule your free consultation.