The nervous system affects your entire body. Because this system is so complex, it still baffles many scientists. Chronic and acute neurological ailments may only have partial or temporary treatments available. This means that you are left with a disabling condition that may be long-lasting or permanent, requiring financial assistance from the government.
If you have a neurological ailment, you may suddenly find that you are unable to perform the same functions as you once used to. Here are seven of the most common causes of these debilitating neurological ailments that may make you eligible to receive help from Social Security disability in Boston:
- Physical trauma to your head, neck or spine (for example, a motorcycle accident)
- Bacterial, fungal, or viral infections (for example, viral meningitis)
- Degenerative central nervous system disorders (for example, Parkinson’s disease)
- Respiratory system difficulties (for example, if you were deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time)
- Circulatory system difficulties (for example, disabilities following a stroke)
- Tumors (for example, brain cancer)
- Complex disorders with no cure or treatment (for example, fibromyalgia)
If you were a victim in a car accident that caused a brain injury, or if you have a permanent neurological ailment for which there is no treatment, such as Parkinson’s disease, you may be entitled to receive benefits to help you cover the costs of living while you are unable to work. Unfortunately, even if your neurological condition leaves you eligible to receive these benefits, many people are still denied.
Contact Our SSDI Law Firm If You Or A Family Member Suffers From Neurological Conditions
At Keefe Disability Law, we understand the impact a neurological condition can have on your body. To help you get the benefits you deserve, contact a Boston Social Security disability attorney at our office to learn more about how we can help you maximize your chances at having your application approved for these critical benefits.
Don’t try applying on your own. Call 888-904-6847 to learn how we can help you get the benefits you are entitled to.
Are You Looking for a Social Security Disability Attorney in Boston, MA?
If you are looking to apply for social security disability, you need to speak with an experienced social security disability lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Natick Office directly at 508.283.5500 to schedule your free consultation.