Each Social Security Administration region has multiple offices. The Social Security Administration Boston region includes multiple field offices, disability determination services offices, and offices of hearing operations, for example.
Below, we will discuss what each type of office does and where you can find these offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.
MA NH and RI Social Security Field Offices
You can apply for Social Security disability benefits in person at your local field office. You can meet with a local Social Security disability representative to start your application at the following locations in:
There are 30 Social Security field offices in Massachusetts, including in:
- Attleboro MA: 106 Pleasant St.
- Boston, MA: O’Neill Federal Bldg., 10 Causeway St., Room 148
- Brockton, MA: 30 Christy’s Dr.
- Cambridge, MA: 10 Fawcett St., 1st Floor
- Dorchester, MA: 115 Freeport St.
- Fall River, MA 400 North Main St.
- East Falmouth, MA: 48 Research Rd.
- Fitchburg, MA: Philbin Federal Bldg., 881 Main St., 1st Floor
- Framingham, MA: One Clarks Hill, Suite 101
- Gardner, MA: 354 Main St., Suite 2
- Hanover, MA: 198 Columbia Rd., Suite 1
- Haverhill, MA: 367 Main St.
- Holyoke, MA: 200 High St., 2nd Floor
- Hyannis, MA: 100 Independence Dr., Suite 4
- Lawrence, MA: 439 South Union St., Suite 106A
- Lowell, MA: 151 Warren St., Suite 300
- Lynn, MA: 140 Union St.
- Malden, MA: 192 Commercial St.
- New Bedford, MA: Hastings Keith Federal Bldg., 53 N. Sixth St.
- North Adams, MA, 96 Marshall St.
- Norwood, MA: One Edgewater Drive, Suite 102
- Pittsfield, MA: 78 Center St., Suite 101
- Quincy, MA: 1515 Hancock St., Suite 305
- Roslindale, MA: 4238 Washington St.
- Roxbury, MA: 10 Malcolm X Blvd.
- Salem, MA: 35 Congress St., Suite 101
- Springfield, MA: 70 Bond St.
- Taunton, MA: 104 Dean St.
- Waltham, MA: 135 Beaver St., Suite 120
- Worcester, MA: Madison Place, 51 Myrtle St.
New Hampshire has six field offices located throughout the state, including in:
- Concord, NH: 70 Commercial St., Suite 100
- Keene, NH: 9 Elm St.
- Littleton, NH: 177 Main St.
- Manchester, NH: 1100 Elm St., Suite 201
- Nashua, NH: 175 Amherst St., Suite 2
- Portsmouth, NH: 80 Daniel St., Room 210A
There are five field offices in Rhode Island. These offices are located in:
- Newport, RI: 130 Bellevue Ave., First Floor
- Pawtucket, RI: 4 Pleasant St.
- Providence, RI: One Empire Plaza, Sixth Floor
- Warwick, RI: 30 Quaker Lane, First Floor
- Woonsocket, RI: Pavilion Plaza, 2168 Diamond Hill Road
MA NH and RI Social Security Disability Determination Services
Disability determination services is the Social Security office that will make the initial decision on your Social Security disability application. Additionally, disability determination services will decide reconsideration submissions. Most states have at least one disability determination services office, including:
Massachusetts has two offices of disability determination services. One is located at 110 Chauncey Street, Boston, MA 02111, and the other is located at 240 Main Street, Suite 500, Worcester, MA 01608.
New Hampshire’s disability determination services office is located at 21 South Fruit St, Suite 30, Concord, New Hampshire, 03301.
Rhode Island has one disability determination services located at 40 Fountain St., 6th Floor, Providence, RI 02903.
MA NH and RI Social Security Offices of Hearing Operations
If your initial Social Security disability application is denied, then you may need to appeal the Social Security Administration’s decision. A hearing may be held before an administrative law judge at a Social Security Administration Offices of Hearing Operations. These offices are found in each Social Security region. Locally, you can find these offices in:
Massachusetts has three Social Security offices of hearing operations. They are located at One Bowdoin Square 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, 439 South Union Street, Suite 301, Lawrence, MA 01843, and 1441 Main Street, Suite 450, Springfield, MA 01103.
In New Hampshire, the office of hearing operations is located at 1750 Elm St., Suite 303, Manchester, NH 03104.
If you have a hearing before an administrative law judge in Rhode Island, then it may take place at the office of hearing operations located at 155 Westminster St., Suite 1000W, Providence, RI 02903.
How to Get the Social Security Disability Benefits You Need
Whether you are applying for benefits for the first time or you are appealing a denial of your Social Security disability application, we invite you to contact our experienced New England Social Security disability lawyers for a free, no-obligation consultation. We represent clients throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island, and we would be happy to schedule a meeting with you and to help you protect your rights throughout the Social Security disability eligibility process.