The tingling sensation you feel in your arm. The radiating pain you feel every time you move your back. The pressure your spine endures day in and day out. Each of these excruciating symptoms of a herniated disc is enough to keep you away from your job at Fidelity in Boston, Massachusetts, for days, weeks, or months. When walking and sitting both leave you in serious pain, work may no longer be an option for you.
Unfortunately, many people with herniated discs have their Social Security disability applications denied by the Social Security Administration (SSA). That is because meeting the SSA’s listing for a back injury is very difficult. You must:
- Have had pain for at least a year or have a doctor’s diagnosis that says your condition will not heal for at least a year
- Be unable to work in any other position or capacity at your job
Appealing a Social Security Disability Denial for a Herniated Disc
Before you lose hope, it is important to remember that you can still appeal the decision made by the SSA. When you appeal, you must show the following in order to have the decision reversed:
- You must prove that you are unable to work because of your back injury.
- You must show that past work experience is irrelevant or impossible for you to perform.
- You must show that you have no other job skills that would allow you to take another job.
Showing each of these can be very difficult and requires a solid understanding of what the SSA needs to see in order to approve your appeal. Do you need help? Give our attorneys a call to discuss the specifics of your case. We’ll help you put together an appeal that is hard to deny so you can get the support you need.
Are You Looking for a Social Security Disability Attorney in Boston, MA?
If you are looking to apply for social security disability, you need to speak with an experienced social security disability lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Natick Office directly at 888.904.6847 to schedule your free consultation.