You took Belviq® to lose weight. While Belviq may have helped you achieve health-related weight goals, the drug may have caused you to develop another significant health concern. Now, you may have colorectal cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, or another form of cancer because you took Belviq or Belviq XR as prescribed by your doctor.
If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer after taking Belviq or Belviq XR, we encourage you to learn how to protect your right to a fair recovery from the drug maker that caused your injury. A Belviq injury lawyer can help you take the necessary steps to protect your legal rights. While your lawyer will do everything possible to get you the fair recovery you deserve, you can begin protecting yourself immediately by avoiding three common mistakes.
Don’t Do These Things If You Have Cancer After Taking Belviq
Right now, your medical care, regular daily activities, and your family may take up all of your time and energy. You may want to hold Eisai, Inc., accountable for the serious injury that you’ve suffered, but you don’t want to add any stress, anxiety, or tasks to your life at this time.
You can protect your rights without making your life more complicated, and you can begin now by avoiding three common mistakes. Specifically, we encourage you:
- Not to assume that you would’ve developed cancer anyway. You might not have developed cancer if you had not taken Belviq. Medical experts may share their opinions about why you developed cancer. Until then, you should not assume that the cancer would have happened even if you had not taken Belviq.
- Not to trust the drug manufacturer to treat you fairly. The drug manufacturer wants to maximize its profits and maintain its reputation. Therefore, it wants to pay you as little as possible and keep you from speaking out about your illness. The drug company is not on your side.
- Not to wait too long to contact a mass tort lawyer. The statute of limitations limits the amount of time you have to pursue a legal recovery. Accordingly, it’s essential to contact a lawyer as soon as possible to make sure your rights are protected.
When you avoid these three mistakes, you may set yourself up for a fair recovery.
Today Is the Right Time to Contact a Belviq Injury Lawyer
We encourage you to contact our Massachusetts Belviq injury lawyers today. You don’t need to know whether you have a case when you call us. It’s okay to have questions and uncertainties. Our legal team is here to investigate what happened to you, share our findings, and advise you of your legal options.
You don’t need to worry about paying any legal fees upfront or any hourly legal fees. We never want attorney’s fees to be a barrier to justice. Accordingly, we are pleased to offer you a free consultation and, if you have a case we decide to pursue, we will be paid on a contingency fee basis. That means that we will be paid a percentage of your recovery, and you have nothing to lose and much to potentially gain by contacting us for a free consultation.
Our legal team understands that you need to know what you are fighting for before you begin a lawsuit. Generally, a lawsuit can help you:
- Hold the pharmaceutical company accountable for putting a dangerous drug on the market. Your lawsuit may discourage Eisai, Inc. and other pharmaceutical companies from being negligent with patient safety in the future.
- Achieve justice. Nothing can ever take away the fear, pain, and inconvenience of cancer. You can’t get this time in your life back, but you can hold the company that caused your cancer accountable for its negligence.
- Recover damages. Your potential recovery may include compensation for past and future medical costs, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other damages.
The information provided above may be a lot to think about. Please call us, start a live chat with us, or fill out our online contact form to have us contact you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your rights and potential recovery.
Are You Looking for a Mass Tort Attorney in Boston, MA?
If you have been injured by dangerous drugs you need to speak with an experienced mass torts lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Natick Office directly at 888.904.6847 to schedule your free consultation.