Should I Hire a New England Social Security Disability Lawyer to Appeal My Claim?
Being disabled presents daily challenges, both for the person with the disability and for his or her family. The Social Security Administration (SSA) disability program is designed to help. Unfortunately, from 60 percent to 70 percent of the time, the initial claim is denied and those who desperately need benefits go without.
As Boston Social Security disability attorneys, we know just how frustrating this can be and we urge you not to give up if your initial request is denied. We also suggest that you consider speaking to a New England SSA disability attorney about your case. It could mean the difference between success and failure.
How can a lawyer help with my SSA disability claim?
A qualified SSA disability attorney can:
- Take the time to study every aspect of your case and determine the best course of action.
- Relieve you of the burden of confusing and sometimes seemingly impossible paper work required.
- Find the medical evidence you need to prove your case.
- File for all hearings and appeals necessary.
- Represent you in court.
- Give you the best possible chance of receiving the benefits you deserve.
What are the advantages of getting legal help with my SSA disability claim?
- You will have a much better chance of obtaining benefits. According to California Congressman Robert R Matsui, in 2000, “64 percent of claimants represented by an attorney, but only 40 percent of those without one, were awarded benefits at the hearing level.”
- An attorney is familiar with the law surrounding disability and can use that knowledge to handle your case successfully.
- An attorney in your area knows the court system and is familiar with the administrative law judge (ALJ) who will hear your case. He or she will know what information the ALJ will need for your specific medical condition.
- A qualified lawyer can secure more of your back pay. It is very important that your “onset date” is clearly presented and proven in order to receive the maximum benefits.
Retaining a lawyer may be something you have never done, and you may have many questions and fears about doing it now. But if you have been denied New England SSA disability benefits, you can greatly increase your chances of winning by speaking to someone who fully understands your needs and the legal system.
Located in the Boston area, Keefe Disability Law knows what you are going through and we try our best to make your decision as easy as possible. We work on appeals each and every day for clients throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Call us toll free today at 888-904-6847 to discuss your case. You can also fill out the convenient, confidential form on this page for a free case review. Don’t delay; the sooner you call, the sooner we can begin working to win for you.