John L. Keefe
Once you have been denied Massachusetts Social Security disability benefits, your first reaction might be to give up. And if you do this, you could miss the chance to appeal the decision. Maybe you were unaware of the deadline to appeal; maybe you thought your condition didn’t qualify; maybe your condition has gotten worse.
Whatever the reason you are reapplying for SSA disability, having an expert disability attorney by your side is the best thing to do.
Why hire a lawyer to represent you when you reapply?
- First, your chances of being accepted the second time around increase with legal representation.
- Also, your lawyer knows the laws surrounding the disability benefits process and can make sure your rights are fully represented.
- A good disability attorney can examine your initial application and determine exactly why you were denied. Then, he or she can work to provide the evidence you need.
- If your second claim is denied, your attorney can file for all hearings and appeals necessary to obtain benefits.
- Let’s face it—the paperwork involved in a Social Security disability claim is confusing and demanding. Having a law firm that handles disability cases every day can relieve you of much of this burden.
- Finally, the attorney you select can be sure you are awarded all the back pay you have missed since your first application. This is very important, as identifying the “onset date” of your disability allows you to receive the maximum benefits possible.
The New England disability experts at Keefe Disability Law understand your needs and can act on your behalf when you need to reapply for SSA disability benefits. Located in the Boston area, we serve clients in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Rhode Island. Call us today, toll free, at 888-904-6847 to see what we can do for you.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Why You Need an SSA Disability Lawyer if You Reapply for Benefits"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."