Six Causes of Neck Pain That May Qualify You For Social Security Disability Benefits in New England
John L. Keefe
Neck pain can be enormously debilitating. You may not be able to think clearly, you may become fatigued, and other parts of your body may begin to hurt from the pain caused by damage to your neck and spine. When you experience this type of severe pain, you may be unable to perform the job you once did and you may need the help of Social Security disability attorney. Our firm helps clients located in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and elsewhere in New England apply for disability benefits to cover costs.
To receive benefits for neck pain, you must have a spinal nerve root compression or spinal arachnoiditis. These two conditions can come as a result of a variety of incidents. Here are six of the most common causes of severe neck pain that may qualify you to receive benefits.
- Degenerative Disc Disease. This is a common cause of pain among people who seek Social Security benefits. It is characterized by the shrinking of your vertebral discs. Over time, this can become very painful.
- Whiplash. If you were in a motor vehicle accident, your body may have been jolted. This can cause whiplash, which can take a serious toll on your neck and spinal cord.
- Pinched Nerves. A pinched nerve can cause numbness and radiating pain, making it impossible to work. A nerve may be pinched in an instant just by lifting something incorrectly or by moving the wrong direction.
- Herniated Discs. This condition may result from a car accident or from wear and tear on the spine. It is enormously painful and may prevent you from being able to work.
- Infections. Serious infections such as meningitis can cause neck pain. If you contract a serious infection, you may lose functionality and not be able to perform the tasks you once did.
- Inflammatory Disorders. Inflammation from disorders such as arthritis is painful. Both inflammation and any underlying condition can be difficult to treat and may limit your activity.
You don’t have to suffer through work day after day with severe neck pain. If you are unable to work in your position any longer, it is critical that you talk to a New Hampshire disability attorney at Keefe Disability Law. We will work with you to help you understand the system, and fill out your application to maximize your opportunity to receive the benefits you need. Call us today at 888-904-6847 to learn more.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "6 Causes of Neck Pain That May Qualify For Disability Benefits"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."