You want to hire a lawyer to resolve your Social Security Administration (SSA) disability claim. You are no longer able to work and the bills are piling up. Perhaps you need help applying, or you have been denied and don't know what to do next. It stands to reason that an expert in disability should stand by your side in this difficult time, but what questions should you ask before hiring him or her?
Best Questions To Ask Your Disability Lawyer
Here are some suggestions:
- How long have you been practicing disability law?
- Is your firm nationwide or are you local?
- What experience do you have in disability law?
- Do you specialize in disability law or only do it on the side?
- How long will my case take to resolve?
- What are the outcomes I might expect in my case?
- How often do you contact me about my case?
- How soon can I expect to hear from you when I need help?
- How familiar are you with the Administrative Law Judges who decide cases in the area?
- Who will be working on my case?
- What are your fees and how am I billed?
- What is a reasonable estimate of how much my case will cost overall?
Process is Truly a Team Effort
We know that hiring a lawyer can be a big step for you. You need assurance that the firm you hire will work as a team, care about you as a person, and work hard to resolve your issues and get you the benefits you deserve. A good start is to know as much as you can about your attorney. Asking these suggested questions and any others you may have is a good way to feel comfortable with your decision.
For more inforation on the Keefe Disability Team visit our "about us" page on this website.
At Keefe Disability Law, we take each client seriously. We welcome questions and we have the answers. Please contact us today at our toll free number, 888-904-6847, and start getting your questions answered. Our office is in Framingham, Massachusetts, but we also serve clients in New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Don't delay your benefits any longer.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Questions to ask a Massachusetts Disability Lawyer Before Hiring"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."