John L. Keefe
While there are some abuses of the Social Security Administration (SSA) disability program, most Americans would much prefer to continue working and earning a decent wage to subsisting on the benefits provided by the government.
So, if you are suffering from osteoporosis, you probably want to continue your current lifestyle. And what is a great way to do this? Exercise to strengthen your bones! Here are some ideas for adding exercise to your daily routine to help strengthen your bones.
Facts About Exercise and Osteoporosis:
- Exercise is important at any age to maintain bone mass.
- Children who exercise regularly build more bone mass than those who don’t, reducing their chances of developing osteoporosis.
- It is never too late to begin an exercise program that focuses on bone health.
- Exercise not only strengthens bones, it aids in balance and coordination, reducing the chances of a fall-related fracture.
- Weight-bearing exercise, like walking, helps build bone density.
- Weight lifting exercises not only strengthen muscles—which, in turn, support the skeletal system more effectively—they also aid in bone health.
- Exercise programs that do not involve impact can help decrease the risks of falls, even though they don’t build bone mass. Yoga is one example.
- Even if your osteoporosis makes high-impact workouts impossible, you can probably still participate in low-impact alternatives such as elliptical machines, stair-step climbers, and some forms of aerobics.
So, get off the couch and get moving! Don’t let osteoporosis control your life. Ask your doctor what you can do to add exercise to your medication regime.
If you do have to stop working and need help with applying for SSA disability benefits, a Rhode Island disability attorney can help. Call Keefe Disability Law today toll free at 888-904-6847 for a free consultation. We have helped many New England residents. Let us help you.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Avoiding New England SSA Disability: Osteoporosis and Exercise"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."